The maintenance methods of wire rope are as follows:
1. The service life of the wire rope has a great relationship with the method of use. Therefore, it should be used according to regulations, dragging and throwing are prohibited, overloading is not allowed during use, the wire rope is not allowed to bend at an acute angle, and the lifting speed is not allowed to change sharply. Avoid impact load;
2. When the wire rope has rust and dust, use a wire brush to remove it and apply oil;
3. The steel wire rope should be oiled every 4 months. It is better to soak the core of the rope with hot oil (about 50℃), and then wipe off the excess grease;
4. After the wire rope is coiled, it should be placed in a clean and dry place, and shall not be stacked to prevent sprain;
5. The end of the steel wire rope should be fastened with steel wire or welded with alloy with low melting point, or can be fastened with iron hoops to avoid loosening of the rope head;
6. During use, if oil droplets are squeezed out on the surface of the wire rope, it means that the wire rope has been subjected to considerable strength. At this time, the load should be stopped and checked, and if necessary, replace the new wire rope.